Role of Maternity Nurse
Maternity nurses offer the following services:
• Help and advice on baby care
• Set up a routine for the baby
• Keep nursery clean and tidy
• Take care of baby’s laundry
• Sterilize bottles and pacifiers etc
• Bottle feed or remind mums to breastfeed the baby
• Assist and advice mums on breastfeeding positions
• Ensure new mums have a balanced diet
• Integrate new baby into the family, with older siblings.
Maternity nurses also offer the following extras:
• Meal preparations
• School runs
• Walking the dog
Note: Maternity nurses are not responsible for domestic duties such as household cleaning, laundry or taking care of other children.